- 190Ha of land
LAND USES AND HOUSING POTENTIAL
- While Sandown is predominantly a residential development, it also provides a significant area of open space and a wide range of educational and commercial mixed-use opportunities.
- From a built environment point of view, the range of development opportunities will create an urban landscape with contrasts in height, massing and architectural appearance. This, together with the undulating topography, will ensure an interesting urban landscape.
- While it is the intention to provide a higher income residential living environment, the range of residential opportunities will also allow new homeowners to buy into the development, as well as providing high-end investment opportunities for the well-established homeowners.
- The residential component provides for a range of residential products, ranging from smaller entry level erven through medium to the larger erven.
- Additionally, higher density apartment development along Sandown Road will be incorporated into the mixed-use fabric of this linear zone.
ROADS AND CONNECTING SERVICES
- MyCiti Bus collector route
- The Sandown Road Link situated on the southern edge of Sandown provides a major road link between the R27 (West Coast Road) and the N7 (National Road to Namibia).
- N7 (southbound) to CT International Airport.
TIMING AND PHASES
The first phases of Sandown provide the following opportunities:
- Phase 1A – comprises largely of Parklands College’s High School campus ‘Sandown Campus’ together with the abutting general residential development “The Sandown” and 56 single residential erven to the east of the campus’ main entrance. The campus was opened in 2012 and “The Sandown” was launched in 2015. Milnerton Estates have launched the first office accommodation to be made available in Sandown. Contact Toni Enderli – firstname.lastname@example.org – for more details on Sandown Sqaure.
- Phase 2 – “Sagewood” offers the first single residential gated enclave to be launched in Sandown and comprises of 255 residential opportunities. Sagewood was launched during 2017. There were only a handfull of plots remaining at the begining of 2018. The top structure developers will promote their homes through their selling agents whilst land sales are conducted through the Aska Property Group. This will provide purchasers in Sagewood the opportunity of either selecting from a range of ready built homes or purchasing a vacant plot on which they can design their own home. Sagewood lies immediately north of the Sandown Campus offering scholars easy access to the campus grounds.
- Phase 1B, together with some of Phase 1A offers further single residential opportunities situated near the main entrance gates to the south of the Sandown Campus. Whilst not a gated development, the properties will be surrounded by a combination of security walls and fences with cameras strategically positioned to monitor movement. The single residential plots in phase 14 A and B were launched 2017, introducing the “Woonerf” concept to Sandown. As of September 2018 only 4 plots were still available.
- Phase 1C and 1D – will unlock a further 480 single residential plots as well as two local business sites, six sites for town-housing or apartments and some 10 hectares of land situated on Sandown Road zoned as General Business 1, which will host commercial and residential developments. The Sandown Fynbos Corridor, being a national conservation area of some 36 hectares, lies immediately to the north of these phases. The fynbos corridor, will once complete, link the Blaauwberg Nature Reserve to the north, with the Diep River section of the Table Bay Nature Reserve to the south, by a system of semi connecting natural and restored open spaces and servitudes that will allow a measure of eco systems connectivity in this fast developing urban environment.
DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES / POTENTIAL:
Phase 1 and 2 of Sandown are just the start of a new suburb.
- With these approvals, commercial opportunities have been opened up along Sandown’s commercial precinct abutting Sandown Road.
- A total of 93,000sq metres of commercial bulk has been approved for development. To put this in perspective, that’s the same size as 18 rugby fields.
- Sandown is conveniently “nestled” between the West Coast Road (R27) to its west and the National Road (N7) to its east.
- Residential opportunities, some 2,500 to 3,000 residential homes are to be built in Sandown with plot sizes ranging from 250m² to 750m².
- Institutional and education. The Parklands College (Sandown Campus) has been established here. Now amongst the top 15 schools in the Western Cape, this college currently occupies 15.5Ha of land allowing for further expansion of the school. An extension to the campus’ grounds has been approved.
Sandown is positioned:
- between the N7 freeway and the West Coast Road, linking you to the greater Cape Town, the airport and the west coast,
- east of Wood Drive and north of Sandown Road and extends in a easterly direction towards the Rivergate development,
- within walking distance to Checkers Hyper, Virgin Active and the Food Lovers Market situated in the adjoining Parklands North Development and a short drive to Table Bay Mall.
- by road, approximately 5km to Big Bay, 4km to Blouberg Beachfront and 4km to Flamingo Vlei,
- on the MyCiti Bus collector route, with a change-over at Bayside Centre to Cape Town CBD,
- by road, 21km to the Cape Town International Conference Centre.
GREENBELT, FYNBOS CORRIDOR, OPEN SPACE FOR RECREATION:
- Large land areas for the Fynbos Corridor and the Ephemeral Pan will be ceded to the City as public assets and the extension of the biodiversity network.
- These features are dominant elements in the urban design framework of Sandown through the creation of linear open space systems.
- Future public open space for recreation (sports fields), are situated immediately north of Sandown.
- Aska Sales Offices, Aska House, Link Rd Parklands, 021-556-2333
- Contact Nathan Green 082-603-5564 – email@example.com
- Ryan Conradie 073-988-3084 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Macleod-Elliott 083-453-7777 – email@example.com